The Sustainable Food Story presents...
The Plants Dance supperclub
Sunday 8th December 2019
7pm - 10pm
Blanch & Shock, 8 Artichoke Mews, Artichoke Place, London SE5 8TS
Come and warm your cockles, you will receive a delicious evening consisting of:
• A farm-to-fork 4 course menu including botanical cocktail on arrival.
• Dinner bought to you by a chef, a farmer, a barista and an food experience designer.
• Situated nestled in a beautiful mews in Camberwell, close to public transport.
• Cosy 18 guests with an open kitchen, with each course curated by one of the team.
• Team as seen on Netflix/BBC's 'Million Pound Menu'; featured in CODE Hospitality's '100 most influential women in Hospitality'; winners of an Urban Food Award, finalist in this years YBF awards and recently featured on Clare Press's podcast Wardrobe Crisis and on The Food Tribe podcast.
Take the evening off Netflix, nab a couple of friends and join The Sustainable Food Story and extended family for a hearty glass of wine and some epicurean dining, as we host an evening celebrating everything plants.
Think more farm-to-table than you can shake a carrot at (no carrots were harmed in the shaking of them) with much of our produce straight from Duchess Farms in Hertfordshire, and the Pale Green Dot garden based up there on site. Plus some interesting use of what we might usually consider ‘wastes’, a good helping of heritage grains and of course some cheeky fermenting.
We will be hosted by our friends Blanch and Shock who will be curating the wine pairing! The wines will follow the same ethos as the food: from small producers with respect for the land they are growing on. We will also have a selection of top notch wines for sale by the glass or bottle.
Unfortunately we cannot cater for gluten free! Anything else just let us know!
Botanical cocktail on arrival
Salt and pepper popcorn cauliflower stems * wild garlic aioli
Hodmedods fava bean miso mushrooms * green herb salsa * whole-grain flatbread
Coffee roasted beetroot * haylage smoked crème fraiche * dill oil * savory crunchy pepita granola
Charred winter squash * whey cheese sauce * sautéed brassica greens * lemon spelt
Heritage Duchess Grains & dark seeded rye homemade sourdough
Blackberry shrub pickled green tomatoes * labneh * Mexican marigold oil
Duchess Farms smoked rapeseed oil
Malted einkorn brown butter cookie * rapeseed oil ganache * rosehip curd * cobnut brittle * baby leaves